I decided to include collard greens and yellow squash from my garden for tonight’s dinner. I was out of smoked paprika, but I had some soyrizo that I knew would give it that smoky flavor I like in my greens. Also, as you can see some of my yellow squash was left too long on the vine and that’s why the seeds got so big. Toward the end of the school year, I got so busy, I just couldn’t keep up! So I just carved the seeds out before chopping the squash. I’ll say, dinner turned out to be yummy.
- First I cut off the stem from all of the collard leaves.
- Then, I boiled them with a table spoon of salt for 20 minutes.
- Once they were cooked, Drained the water and ran cold water over them. I like them to still have texture so I try not to overcook them.
- I sautéed garlic, onion, tomato and chorizo for 5 minutes.
- I added the yellow squash and allowed it to cook for another 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Finally, I added the greens, but since the greens were cooked already, I put it on really low heat just to keep it warm and allow all the flavors to infuse together.
- Oh! And while I was doing all of this, I had some potatoes roasting in the oven with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.